On September 27, 2023, the documentary "Vasco Rossi, the survivor", directed by Massimo Bongiorno, was released on Netflix. The documentary tells the life and career of Vasco Rossi, one of the greatest Italian artists of all time.
The documentary was largely filmed during the COVID-19 pandemic, a difficult period for Vasco Rossi, who had to cancel his tours and give up his concerts. This allowed the documentary to offer an intimate and moving look at the life of the artist, who faced a series of personal and professional challenges.
The documentary is divided into three chapters:
- Zocca's boy: the chapter recounts the childhood and adolescence of Vasco Rossi, who lived in Zocca, a small town in the province of Modena.
- The rocker: the chapter recounts Vasco Rossi's career, from his debut in the 70s to the present day.
- The survivor: the chapter tells the story of Vasco Rossi during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The documentary is enriched by interviews with Vasco Rossi, his family and his friends, who tell his story firsthand.
"Vasco Rossi, the survivor" is an unmissable documentary for all fans of the artist, but it is also an important document on the history of Italian music. The documentary offers an intimate and moving look at the life of Vasco Rossi, an artist who left an indelible mark on Italian culture.
- "A sincere and touching documentary, which offers an unprecedented portrait of one of the most iconic figures in Italian music." - Rolling Stone
- "An emotional journey into the life and career of Vasco Rossi, an artist who marked an entire generation." - The messenger
- "A documentary that will not fail to excite Vasco Rossi's fans and intrigue those who don't know him." - The Republic